IT Application Development and Support Engineer
Application development involves the process, life cycle, and creation of the software aimed at helping users complete a computer task or program, design and code functional programs and applications which help to automate all manual routine tasks that will help everyone work more efficiently. Developers work closely with all departments using programming languages such as .NET, SQL, CSS, JQuery, Python, etc.. to develop the necessary specifications for software and application. Developers may also test, debug and improve generally faulty applications for end-users.
The position will be responsible for leading the technical administration of PowerSchool and Odoo and data integration with other systems (such as Google Workspace for Education Plus, O365, etc.) The position is also responsible for extending PowerSchool and other related school systems to include new functionality with a focus on enhancing the data analytics and reporting aspects as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the current PowerSchool and Power Teacher Pro environments, including user accounts and security groups/roles, and recommend improvements in processes and workflow according to PowerSchool best practices.
- Plan and execute basic and advanced database functions as required/related to systems operations.
- Maintain a test environment and plan, implement, coach, and train for new releases and program updates.
- Create and maintain advanced reporting capabilities within PowerSchool.
- Lead the research, analysis, requirements, design, testing, and implementation of new PowerSchool-related features, customizations, and add-on modules
- Monitor ongoing operations and data integrity and assist with student data audits.
- Assist with and/or develop and maintain campus and master scheduling timelines and related activities (course catalogs, sections, etc.) as needed.
- Support data analysis, student assessments and grading, and accreditation reporting needs.
- Maintain appropriate system documentation on procedures and configurations.
- Participate in evaluating new software projects to determine impacts and configurations on the learning and instructional processes and workflows.
- Design, develop, and test user portals, data integrations, and SSOs between PowerSchool and other related systems.